Banking and Financial Services
Monaco is an increasingly popular destination for private bankers, fund or asset managers.
However, care should be taken to a strict compliance with local laws and regulations.
We have a deep knowledge and understanding of the banking and financial activities and are familiar with the intricacies of the setting up and the running of banks and service companies.
Our specialists advise Monaco-based and international banks and asset management companies on a large range of corporate, regulatory, tax and restructuring issues, mainly at a cross border level.
Gordon S. Blair is the leading law firm in Monaco on the following areas:
- Setting up a bank or a management company
- Banking and financial regulations with a focus on private banking activities
- Marketing and distribution of funds
- Compliance / Anti Money Laundering
- Data protection and privacy issues
- Customers’ documentation review on a global perspective or on a tailor-made approach
- Services Level Agreements
- Automatic Exchange of Data
As we understand the importance of working to tight deadlines, we also offer the financial community a fast and efficient service.
Partner – COO
Before joining Gordon S. Blair as Chief Executive Officer, Gilbert has been involved in a wide range of experiences in financial consulting, banking activities and corporate restructuring, in France and abroad.
He heads the banking and financial practice and as such he managed acquisition projects including global assistance on all legal matters: corporate, regulatory, labour law, tax, etc.
He is also involved into complex cross border planning activities for successions and wills.